Her Toolbox Author Hosts Live Q&A with Top Women in Power & Their Advice for Youngand Teenage Girls as the Leaders of Tomorrow on International Day of the Girl
- Event Host: Isha Uppalapati
- Date: October 11, 2020 – 4:30-5:30pm ET
- Private Event Online: Registration Required, Hosted via Zoom
In honor of International Day of the Girl, Isha Uppalapati, Founder of A Girl’s Frontier and author of the newly released book Her Toolbox: Learning to be a Female Leader with Advice from Women in Power will host an event with an exclusive invitation to young + teenage girls across the globe to join! This event celebrates the mission behind International Day of the Girl, which since 2012 has been internationally recognized as a day to highlight and address the needs and challenges girls face, while promoting girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights.
In this hour-long event, attendees will hear firsthand from the top female leaders who Isha interviewed in summer 2020 for her book to create a collection of lessons to reach girls like herself whose very futures could be shaped by capturing the wisdom of the lessons learned from women who came before them.
In each case, these individuals displayed tenacity, leadership, and commitment to achieving their goals and shared advice and wisdom they wish they would have had at a young age to help educate and inspire the next generation of female leaders.
Launching September 2020, Her Toolbox will serve as a resource for young girls who are building knowledge to accel in their personal and professional success, which can be a complicated endeavor when pursued alone. As the book’s author, Isha aims to ensure no reader feels alone in their path to entrepreneurship and leadership by incorporating the best advice from seven accomplished, professional women.
The panel Q&A will provide highlights on the leaders’ wisdom imparted to Isha in real-time,providing girls with a blueprint for overcoming obstacles, prioritizing personal development, and making their way in a world that desperately needs them to succeed.
Attendees can purchase the book prior to the event or may be inspired to purchase it after attending! Full of insights, personal anecdotes, and actionable advice, Her Toolbox is a proverbial passing of the torch from one generation of gifted and talented women to another.
- From 4:30-4:45 as attendees join, Isha will share the background on her book and attendees will be able to briefly share where they’re joining from and their ages and backgrounds.
- From 4:45-5:15, the women leaders on the panel will respond to questions from their own key lessons learned to what advice they find most important to share with girls today.
- And, in the final 15 minutes, Isha will moderate a live Q&A session with attendees.